Invisalign is an orthodontic teeth aligner that is used to treat malocclusion issues. As the name suggests, it is a clear aligner made up of transparent material and is the best solution to people who don’t wish to reveal that they’re getting some orthodontic attention. If you’re looking for a metal-free and a completely safe way to deal with your malocclusion, Invisalign is the one for you.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign makes use of an ingenious technique to gently move teeth to the desired positions. Though it is made from a soft plastic material, it is highly efficient and is known to solve several types of misalignment issues. Initially, the dentist would screen your teeth to check for any underlying issues before starting the treatment. X-rays will be taken to map out the positions of the teeth and how exactly the aligners have to be designed to suit your needs.
The aligners will be fabricated by an automated process in a dental laboratory using high grade material. The best thing about Invisalign is that every edge of the aligner is crafted to perfection and would gently apply pressure on your teeth to move them. The aligners will have to be replaced once every two weeks with a new aligner. This is done to accommodate for the movement of the teeth.
The aligner will have to be worn for a span of 22 hours every day and must only be removed while consuming food, drinking beverages and cleaning the teeth. The approximate treatment period depends on the severity of the condition, which may vary between a few months to a year.
Why should you choose Invisalign?
Invisalign is highly recommended by dentists across the globe to treat malocclusion. Here are some of the positives of choosing Invisalign:
- The aligner is hardly noticeable as it is made from a transparent material. You won’t have to deal with the embarrassment of having braces on, which are clearly visible.
- They are absolutely safe to wear, unlike braces, which have sharp edges and metal brackets that injure your mouth.
- The progress during the treatment period, i.e. the movement of the teeth to their positions, can be tracked precisely as the technology used for Invisalign is highly advanced.
- It is the best orthodontic choice for teenagers.
- It is easily removable and wouldn’t interfere with your everyday activities. You won’t be restricted from eating the food of your choice, and also, one can efficiently maintain oral hygiene as it can be removed while brushing and flossing.
- Frequent follow-up visits to the dentist’s office aren’t required.
Invisalign has provided excellent results for patients who are having a tough time with their misaligned teeth. The aligners are very comfortable to wear, and all this wouldn’t even require a surgery. Get in touch with EDental for a hassle-free approach to straightening your teeth.